Pages

Saturday, December 04, 2010

The Dining Room

Most of my friends, me included, love buffets! I do have to admit that I can't eat as much as I used to but this fact doesn't deter me from going and appreciating the different selections at buffets.

Last Saturday, we headed to Sheraton hotel's The Dining Room. I was actually surprised that the restaurant is located right by the lobby of the hotel. I guess I always associated the lobby to be lounge areas or a place to have a quick snack and coffee.

This place is actually perfect to have a quiet lunch, you would be able to fully appreciate the man-made falls right outside which is not so obvious at night. I wonder if placing lights outside would make it look artificial that's why they opted not to.



Unlike most hotel buffets that we've been to, the selections here are pretty limited. The good thing about this kind of set-up is that you'll be able to try almost everything.

For appetizers, they have the sushi spread...


...and the cold seafood dishes.


The warm dishes and rice.


Carving station, they have just the roast beef and fried shirmp wantons. The pasta station is right next to it but I wasn't able to take a picture.


As usual, the highlight for me of every buffet is the dessert spread. They have the pastries and waffle station. 


My first plate was the appetizers. The crayfish which is a favorite was bland but the salmon sashimi was very fresh. 



I then had the banana caramel waffle next and a couple of pieces of chocolate truffle. I just couldn't wait! 



I followed it up with the roast beef and the pasta.



After that, I tried the aloe vera jelly and calamansi sherbet. The sherbet was good and a very effective palate cleanser. I had seconds but this time without the jelly.



I tried a little of almost every warm dish and I have to say, everything is just so good. The chicken teriyaki and the duck are my favorites. I should've skipped the crab, it was also bland. It just wasn't worth the effort. 



My last plate is the dessert selection. I would've wanted more desserts but because everything tasted so sinful and delicious, I was okay. Yum!



Lest you think that these were all I had, I did have seconds of the roast beef and the warm dishes and of course the chocolates.

My pet peeve at buffets are the dirty plates, you have to look for a spot on your already crowded table to leave them, well, they don't let that happen here. Service was very efficient. Plates were cleared in no time. As soon as you're done with your plate, someone takes it away. They were also all very friendly with one staff telling us that he'll take all our picture without even being asked.





We were all very full and satisfied after that dinner. Buffet price is $48.90++ (Php1,600++). We were in luck as they were having a promo of 1 dines free for every 3. With taxes, and less the one diner, we ended up paying $49.

It was our first time at Sheraton and I loved the place. The Christmas trees were beautiful and if you look closely you'll notice that the ornaments are actually teddy bears.







See how wonderful their lobby looks.



No comments:

Site Stats