Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

The Reason For My Most Recent Visit


I'm writing this post for my parents who weren't able to be physically present during my brother's wedding.

8am


Ahya (as I fondly call my brother) and Chill's day started pretty early. I woke up alone in the hotel room, I realized that they must have already headed down for breakfast. I went to nearby Heaven and Eggs to meet up with my close friend, Jencarps. We had a quick breakfast and she accompanied me to get a pair of black socks for my brother. I decided to get hankies for him as well cause who knows it might come in handy.

10am


When I got back to the hotel room, Chill was already getting made up. My brother was out withdrawing money. He got back soon after with a white nail polish from Mercury Drug for Chill. This was the wrong color so I quickly headed to Essenses to see if they have one available for her. Ahya then started ironing the duvet covers since they were very creased.

11am

I didn't feel any tension. The mood was very relaxed, the make-up artist was very bubbly and entertained the people in the room. Ahya ordered food for all the people who will be working behind the scenes. He then decided to finally get some new shoes so we headed back out to SM.

After Lunch

When we got back, the atmosphere was already frenzied. The wedding coordinator, the bridesmaids, the photographers and videographers have arrived. Photos were taken, video clips shot and the bridesmaids were made up.

I, on the other hand, was getting sleepy but there's no place to sleep since we needed to ensure that both beds as tidy looking as possible.

DSC07388

I was then asked to take a shower so I can start helping Ahya get ready. Time quickly passed and before I knew it, it was already time for us to leave.

DSC07462

430pm

DSC07478

We arrived at Filipinas Heritage Library just as it was starting to drizzle. Ate Grace, Ate Daisy, Kuya Arman and the girls were already there. I took a peek outside and saw that the set-up for the reception is now getting drenched. I saw someone bring in the cake and it appears to me that it got a bit wet. I heard the staff of the library say that he doesn't know what to do. I looked at my brother and he appeared very composed. At that time, I just knew that whatever happens, it's still going to be perfect.

The venue was small, just perfect for the intimate wedding that they both wanted to have.

My family started arriving shortly. I saw my uncles and my aunts and I felt like a kid again. It has been ages since we were all assembled in one room.



5pm

We were asked to prepare for the march. I looked around the room and it was barely half-full. I asked my brother about it and he said it appears that the small place is not even going to be packed.

We started our march, the wedding coordinator reminded my brother to smile. I think that's the only time that nervousness kicked in. I, on the other hand, was desperately trying hard not to fall down. I'm not considered the clumsy one in the family for nothing.

As if by magic, when I turned around the room was already full. Beautiful music was playing, I don't remember what song it was, I just know that it's perfect for the occasion. Just then, Chill stepped out and I was taken aback. I saw her while she was getting made up but I was still surprised, it was as if I was seeing her for the first time. She was beautiful and looked wonderful. I can only imagine what my brother must have been feeling.

The wedding was short, sweet and simple. They exchanged heartfelt vows and swore to love each other forever. How sweet.

6pm

Since it was raining, they had no choice but to set up the reception in the same room instead of outside. We waited outside, enjoying cocktails and the photo booth.


730pm

The program started as soon as we were all seated. Sheila did a good job in her hosting duties. It was quite difficult considering we're really a family of small words.

I enjoyed the food. There were some hits and misses but all in all I liked it. Shortly after, the moment I've been dreading came. I was asked to give a speech. I was not at all prepared, somehow, I couldn't think of the right words to say. I mumbled through it and thanked God when it was all over.

DSC07473

I am very thankful for all who came. The void of my parents' absence was filled by the presence of the small select who took time out of their busy schedules to troop all the way to Makati to spend it with our family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The barong fits perfectly well on you. To speak in front is really agitating, but I know your message came from the well of your soul. All the best to your family!

Hogi said...

Congrats and best wishes to your brother and his new wife! Too bad di tayo nagkita during your visit. Next month, sana makapunta ka for Zaturnnah. Si Tad ang Didi sa first weekend! =)

Site Stats