Pages

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Kuala Lumpur: Food Post

What excites me about any trip that I take is the thought of good food, though quite honestly, there's really nothing to be excited about. I don't deviate much from the usual as evidenced by my food choices when we were last at KL.

Apart from Honey Stars, this is what I also had for breakfast. Peanut Butter Sandwich!

DSC05270

We also had dinner at the open air "dampa" style seafood restaurant. It was honestly quite challenging to order because the cook doesn't speak English. We couldn't tell him how we want the prawns cooked. Ah eh...we resorted to asking one of their staff to look at what the group next to us ordered and ended up with prawns and squid cooked the same way.

IMG_1686

IMG_1685

Clams and fish also cooked the same way.

IMG_1687

IMG_1692

It's chicken overload at the mall, Nando's and Kenny Roger's.

IMG_1921

DSC05375

DSC05376

DSC05377

Yes, Kenny Roger's. Em-J couldn't be persuaded to try another restaurant. I was initially successful in asking him to have lunch at Robot but he heaved a sigh of relief when we were told that it has already closed down. Weird cause they have signs all over the mall.

DSC05369

As for snacks, they're the usual: cupcakes, pretzels, cinnamon rolls and doughnuts.

DSC05325

DSC05317

The Krispy Kreme mini doughnuts were cute but they're not good.

DSC05347

We were also ecstatic when we saw Auntie Anne's and a Cinnabon store right beside each other.

DSC05387

I also saw Tutti Frutti, the yogurt store that Jencarps introduced me to.

DSC05380

DSC05382

We even brought back the same junk food from the grocery.

IMG_2036

I did see this cute bunny shaped Maltesers.

DSC05316

At the airport, it's the same coffee shop while waiting.

DSC05393

I chanced upon Theobroma a little too late. I'll come back for their ice cream and hot chocolate next time.

DSC05379

We'll try to be more adventurous with our food choices next time. We'll try to.

2 comments:

Edy Liew said...

OMGOSH!!!! U GUYS DID VISIT SUNWAY PYRAMID?!??!

It's 10 minutes from my place! =(

Carlo said...

yeah, we did. we're planning to fly back there and stay at your place. lol!

Site Stats