Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2005

back to reading books


I've always been a Dominick Dunne fan ever since Cricket asked me to read "An Inconvenient Woman" that Tita Beth gave her. I've already read most of his novels before finding out that the stories are based on real people. Owning only one of his books at that time -A Season In Purgatory- I re-read it and searched the Internet for the facts behind it.

Anyway, I have with me "Another City, Not My Own" and with the little free time that I have, in between breaks and travel time, I try to read it. This time, the novel is about O.J. Simpson and the great controversy that it was during that time. Unlike his other novels, as this is in a form of a memoir, every character in this book is identified. Every tidbit passed to him is properly documented. He also comes clean with all his other novels by naming every person that his characters were based on.

Definitely an interesting read. He had me searching the World Wide Web for pictures of Marcia Clark, Judge Ito, and Shapiro among others. Now I have to finish this before the Harry Potter mania hits.

No comments:

Site Stats