Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Subdued

Sunday was uneventful particularly after a long and tiring Saturday at work. I finally had the time to finish Book 6 and it left me depressed and aghast. I was waiting for something to happen to reverse Dumbledore's death...I was waiting for Snape to come through but sadly nothing happened. I get it that for Harry to be truly triumphant in the series he has to figure things out for himself but surely a workaround other than death is much more acceptable! Harry Potter is already sensational as it is, need somebody important die be used as yet another marketing tool to topple the previous books' pre-orders?

I also finished the second season of Popular on DVD and with such a cliffhanger I wonder why the series was discontinued. What happened to them??? Though the series deals with everyday concerns, its storytelling is so unorthodox that you forget it's cliché.

Having to go to work on a non-working holiday on Monday didn't do much to lighten my mood. In an attempt to have something to look forward to, I decided to compile some of my CDs that I intend to rip at work. It was a blessing indeed and it immensely improved my mood especially after seeing a 500-peso bill tucked in one of the CDs.

No comments:

Site Stats