Pages

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Pa rin?

I was meeting a friend at Glorietta at around 8pm yesterday. I purposely left the house earlier because I intended to have a haircut first. Yes, I arrived early but not as early as I would've wanted. I opted to make time pass at the bookstore instead.

Since I have been so enthralled with "The Pretenders", I wanted to know what becomes of Pepe thus I picked up a copy of "Mass". I have also been continuously listening to the music of Larawan so I looked for a copy of Nick Joaquin's famous elegy. I have previously read the material when I was still in college but I don't have a copy of my own. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it was available, albeit a little dirty and dusty. Finally, before heading over to pay for my purchases, I searched "The Pretenders" for the lyrics of the song that Carmen hears before she finally goes deaf. I was not able to do so at home since my copy is with Zshali. I did this in preparation for the LSS that I was sure to have once I watch the final performance tomorrow.

"yo sin su amor no soy nada
Deten el tiempo en tus manos
haz esta noche perpetua
para que nunca se vaya de mi"

For those of you who want to know what all the fuss is about with "The Pretenders", you can still catch the play today and tomorrow.

No comments:

Site Stats