Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Some Peace and Quiet


So after all the pasalubong shopping and my Manila trip, my resources have been depleted that there's nothing left for me to do but stay home...at least until after the next pay day. :p I was just at home the entire weekend catching up on movies that I've already downloaded. I watched Precious and was blown away by Mo'Nique's performance. I had to search for her best supporting actress acceptance speech right after her bawling scene at Mariah's office.


I also watched Russel Crowe and Ben Affleck's State of Play adapted from an original BBC series which I didn't quite like. I felt that the movie's ending was a bit rushed. I was still trying to fully digest what was happening in the background and I'm already seeing the credits roll. 


I also tried to watch The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo but was a bit disoriented. Instead of having English subtitles, they dubbed the English dialogues and they didn't do such a good job. After watching a few frames, I decided to stop and just look for another copy. Incidentally, Monica sent me an FB message asking me to read the novels first. This got me all excited since I miss reading and was in bad need of a good recommendation. I actually haven't found the time to read the past few months so yesterday before heading home, I passed by Popular and found the first two books in the series on sale. Combined I got 300pesos off which was a real good deal. 

No comments:

Site Stats