Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Carnivore

It's Geno's last day with QA so we decided to eat out as a farewell lunch. We ended up going to Carnivore all the way at Vivo City since we both wanted to stuff ourselves silly. It's a churrascaria similar to where we went to to celebrate Abby's birthday.


The interiors were simple and it feels like eating by the beach. If we went to the place at night, it would have been nice to sit outdoors. 


We were given buttons that we can flip to let the passadors (meat waiters) know that we're ready for some food. 



We helped ourselves to a few appetizers and salad laid out on a small buffet table. I didn't take much just a few vegetables and a handful of pasta. As soon as we were seated, we flipped the buttons green and we were treated to an onslaught of meat, literally. 


It was meat after meat after meat. All were very flavorful and tasty, way better than the churrascaria in Katong Village. Geno and I couldn't stop ourselves from appreciating the food after every bite. 



The manager then suggested we try Guarana Antartica, apparently a best seller in some country even outselling Coke. I don't remember what it tastes like now but it was good, not too sweet but a bit pricey at SGD8 a can. 



The buffet excludes dessert so if you wanted something sweet, you have to order extra which is really not likely since I don't think there'll be space left on your tummy. Here we are after our meal.  



The only thing surprising though is that after exactly an hour, we were presented with our bill with no one asking for it. They then proceeded to clear our table. It was okay at that time since we were done but I feel it's a bit rude to do so any other time. On our way out, we checked out the posters outside to see if there's anywhere that states that patrons are given just an hour but we couldn't find any.

As if all the food we are were not enough, I met up with Choy for dinner at Yishun. We haven't gone out for quite some time so I really didn't want to pass it up. He suggested we eat at the Japanese Street Market which deserves a separate post. I wasn't able to take pictures so I'll have to come back. After dinner, we stayed a while and had coffee at Starbucks. They already have the cake/doughnut available but I passed. I just couldn't anymore. Lol. 

He gave me a goody back from BKK. It was nice catching up with him. 


1 comment:

Monica said...

Yum! I love the one in Chijmes too! :)

Site Stats