Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Salt Trivia


I just got back from watching Salt and I have to say that I enjoyed it immensely. It's one of the best movies I've seen this year. (I have yet to see Inception).

After seeing the trailer for the first time, a few months back, I can't help but feel all excited for this film. I eagerly awaited it's opening.

I purposely refused to read anything about Salt prior to watching the film and now that I have seen it, I discovered an interesting trivia. Tom Cruise was supposed to be Salt. The main character was originally named Edwin A. Salt. Here's the excerpt from Wikipedia:

In 2007, Tom Cruise had been approached by Noyce to play Edwin A. Salt from the script written by Kurt Wimmer. Cruise was unable to commit to the script because of other commitments to projects and feared that the character was too close to his Mission Impossible character Ethan Hunt. The filmmakers tried to differentiate the character from Hunt, but eventually came to accept they were too similar and decided not to change the characteristics of Salt. Noyce said "But, you know, he had a valid point. It was kind of returning to an offshoot of a character that he’d already played. It’s like playing the brother, or the cousin, of somebody that you played in another movie"


I have to agree that the character was a lot like Ethan Hunt and was I glad that they turned it around by offering the role to Angelina Jolie.

No comments:

Site Stats