Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Google Maps

I have to say I'm very impressed with Google Maps. I mostly use it on my BlackBerry, I've never tried the web-based version till today.

I asked Geno to send me a list of accredited clinics near where I live early this morning. While I would normally use GoThere's website to get directions, I tried to Google one address first. It gave me a map which really doesn't help me much since I'm not familiar with the street names.


I zoomed in and zoomed in and was surprised that they now have a street view. 


What's more is that you can rotate the picture to see the surrounding areas. How nifty! This helped me in quickly identifying what's familiar and I actually saw one clinic right in front of our bus stop. 

If I was able to save my cab fare, the visit to the doctor was another thing. On top of the meds, he required me to buy this lotion which was not covered by my HMO. 


Quite expensive by my standards since I don't usually use lotions and I just bought one the day before. 


Oh well, I just hope it works and I start feeling better. 

2 comments:

selle said...

hi carlo, what's wrong? allergies? get well soon :)

Carlo said...

yup, i hate it. hahaha.

thanks selle!

Site Stats