Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mercato Centrale

Despite the busy schedule when I was last in Manila, I was able to squeeze in a visit to Mercato Centrale.


I woke up early on my last day with the intention of grabbing breakfast there as well. For some weird reason, I lost my appetite when I got there and just settled for a yogurt drink. Don't get me wrong, there are tons of delicious looking meals, I'll just have to try them when I visit again soon.


I tried a little of this but I couldn't decide if I really would prefer this over lechon or just a regular liempo anytime.


The Pan de Bagnet was calling out to me, I stared at the bagnet for a long time, left and returned a bit later but sadly my tummy was saying "No".



Just outside, I saw a stall selling Cebu Lechon, steaks and a Bonchon ripoff. I need Selle or Jencarps with me next time.






Desserts and sweet treats were also aplenty and while I didn't really have the appetite to eat anything, I can surely buy some treats for pasalubong.


I love the packaging of Luxe.


In time for CNY:


I bought a sampler of these cute little things but sadly I felt that the flavors were really lacking. I took a small bite of each and wasn't able to finish them.



I'm liking the effort placed into making this cake.


Before leaving, I also bought Nana Meng's tablea which I didn't notice was also available in Glorietta and I've been passing by their stall everyday that I was there in Manila.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’ll try to get some of these sweets for you and endorse it to someone who can give it to you when I visit SG. It’s fine by me Carlo. Hope you enjoy them…

Carlo said...

uy thanks pero no need na. hehe. nakakahiya pa.

Anonymous said...

Rarely do I get the chance to have some leave from work. I will be going there hoping to see someone along with my friends. But I know it cannot be done. At least I was able to show this person how important he is. And that's good enough...

Site Stats