Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Rocky Horror Show and a Whole Lot of Eating


Almost a month back, Em-J and I headed to Esplanade to catch The Rocky Horror Show. The UK production was in Singapore for a 2-week limited run, I didn't have any problems asking Em-J to tag along thanks largely to Glee since he enjoyed the songs from the said musical.

We passed by Raffles City to pick up our tickets from the Sistic outlet there, we then headed to the basement since we still have time to grab a bite. I was surprised that the renovation has already been completed and the place is now filled with lots and lots of food choices.

There was a burrito place that I was eying, unfortunately, they have no seating area. Queue was crazy long at Din Tai Fung, we finally ended up at...Burger King. Wow!


But really it was okay since I wanted to try their Steakhouse Burger.



It turned to be a bit of a disappointment. It tasted just like their regular burgers, the only difference is that the patty is bigger than the bun. Not thicker, just a tad longer and no, I wasn't able to taste the A1 sauce.

Anyway, I enjoyed the Rocky Horror Show. I just wished that the audience was a bit more fun since basing on the reactions, it's as if we were watching a dramatic play and also, I wished that Juan Jackson, the sweet transvestite, had a little more energy. During the finale dance, he was literally lifeless.

After the show, we headed to Yishun to meet up with Gan and even if we were not really hungry, we ended up at Bakerzin.

I had the sausage pasta below which was mighty spicy, I ended up not eating it at all.


Em-J ordered the carbonara set meal which was a bit better.


And since I was a member, I used the free appetizer coupon and ordered the chicken wings. It was okay, I guess I'll stick to desserts next time. :)


Not a bad way to spend a weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot let this day pass without greeting you on this very special occasion.

I may not have a nicely wrapped present but my prayers will echo my unfading concern for you.

I pray that the beauty of life be always at your side
I pray that God eases out all the poundings of your heart

I pray that you find time to rest so you can be ready to embrace again the gifts of tomorrow
… for more movies and plays to be watched, more books to be read, and more travels to be made by you because I know you are the happiest when you do these activities
… and just knowing that you are happy makes me the happiest as well

Take this to you heart: For all your success, my best and loudest cheer will always be heard…

Happy Heart’s Day!

Much hope and love

Site Stats