Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Zsazsa Zaturnnah


Zsazsa Zaturnnah officially opened it's 8th (?) run last night at the Little Theater of CCP and since ZZZ has been repeatedly restaged proving it's box office draw, I don't think I still need to go over it's merits just to tell you how worth your time this is. Apart from that, this musical is special to me for a whole lot of reasons.

1. This is our very first project and being that we're new to this business, it was a leap of faith for us to go through with it. Thankfully, Ms. Yvette, Tanghalang Pilipino's company manager then helped us every step of the way.

2. Our first sold out show eventually led us to do this another time taking yet another leap with a bigger venue this time,with two Zsazsas and three shows to sell.



3. Through this, I also met Hogi and Zshali who eventually became two of my closest friends. When ZZZ was restaged at the RCBC, our continuous network grew and I met new friends who became my BFFs.




I also got to see Hilary in action which was really fun since I've always imagined that being a DJ is fun work.


4. I also became close to both Minette and Paolo of TP and was constantly invited me to watch their other productions.

5. TP also afforded us to be privy to their rehearsals to give us fresh material to promote the said musical during their RCBC restaging.


6. I was also able to meet a couple of other showbuyers who were a delight to talk to.


7. I was also able to meet the cast and staff of ZZZ and was able to see the dedication and the passion that they have for their craft. I admired them for being able to do what they love to do.


8. Most important of all is that this experience have made my friendship with the people who decided to take the leap with me stronger.


To everyone who will be watching ZZZ this run, enjoy! 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of my experience watching that play for my coursework in the University. Plays really expand us as people. And it's nice to know how you also value this literary piece...

Hogi said...

I miss you. =)

Hogi said...

By the way, check out my 2 most recent posts sa Tumblr. Click my name na lang for the link to that site. =)

Carlo said...

nakakatuwa si tad. hahaha. maraming bago sa zzz?

Hogi said...

Haha, kita mo na yung pic? Kengkoy no?

Yep, maraming binago, especially sa cast. Wala na ang original ensemble, though meron pa from nung last run (mga tatlo or apat). The rest, mostly from TP Actors Company na. Ibang iba na ang set, ang at tela na gamit ni Ada sa simula, nagpass-over ng audience bago magstart ang opening song, hahaha! Basta, hirap i-describe. Isusulat ko sa blog mamayang gabi. Abangan mo na lang. =)

Chase said...

Aww... I miss Zee! Glad to know Manila was a blast for you,.

Site Stats